If you’re like most homeowners, you only think about your roof when there’s a problem. But did you know that regular roof inspections can help extend the life of your roof and prevent costly repairs down the road?
A roof inspection is a process where a certified contractor examines your roof and evaluates its current condition. They will look for any damage or wear and tear, and determine how much longer the roof will last. They may also recommend repairs that need to be done in order to keep the roof in good condition.
It’s important to get your roof inspected at least once a year, but if you’re selling your home, it’s especially important to have it done before putting it on the market. A roof inspection can also indicate roof problems before you notice them yourself, so it’s important to get one done before winter. Here are some signs that your roof might need an inspection:
- -The roof is leaking or there are other water issues around your home.
- -You can see visible damage on the roof (such as missing shingles).
- -There are brown or black streaks down the sides of your roof.
Some roof inspections will include roof repairs as well. If you don’t want to invest in roof repairs immediately, make sure your contractor offers a warranty on their work to protect you against future damage. After checking out the roof, they should provide you with reports and recommendations for any future work that needs to be done. They may also offer a roof maintenance plan to help keep your roof in good condition.
If you’re due for a roof inspection, be sure to call a certified contractor in your area. They will be able to provide you with an accurate estimate of the work that needs to be done. And don’t forget to ask about any warranties or maintenance plans they offer!
Boise Roof Inspections
As roofing contractors in Boise, Idaho, we’ve seen firsthand how roof inspections can help homeowners avoid costly roof repairs down the road. Roof inspections involve examining the roof for wear and tear to determine the lifespan of the roof. A roof inspection typically consists of an exterior examination at ground level or on a nearby roof. At Signature Roofing, we also conduct roof inspections with binoculars and rooftop access (when necessary), and provide you with a detailed report and estimate for any work that needs to be done. If you’re not sure if you need to have your roof inspected, we recommend consulting our roofing experts at Signature Roofing — we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have!
Roof Inspection Checklist
- Attic intake vents for proper ventilation
- Bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans for proper ventilation
- Blistered, curled or split shingles
- Broken or loose shingles at the ridge and hip lines
- Broken seals on shingles
- Cracked and worn rubber boots around vent pipes
- Cracks on roof sheathing
- Damaged or missing flashing
- Examine chimney for cracks
- Examine fascia board for any damage or rot
- Excessive granule loss on shingles
- Exessive moss and lichen growth
- Gutters and eaves for proper shingle overhangs
- Improperly seated nails that “popped”
- Leaks around vents, chimneys and other holes to the outside
- Loose or exposed nails
- Loose or missing shingles
- Measure and calculate proper attic ventilation
- Missing or broken shingles
- Outside light coming through
- Review gutters and downspouts
- Rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot
- Rusty or corroded metal flashing
- Sagging decking (between rafters)
- Sagging on the ridges
- Shingles that are buckling, curling, or blistering.
- Signs of condensation, wet insulation, or mold
- Signs of missing or cracked caulk
Boise Roof Replacement
If your roof is 15 years or older, it may be time for a roof replacement. The national median cost for a new roof is $7,500, according to the “Remodeling Impact Report” from the National Association of REALTORS®. You’ll recover a healthy 109% of that investment if you should decide to sell your home. If you’re due for a roof inspection, be sure to call a certified contractor in your area. They will be able to provide you with an accurate estimate of the work that needs to be done. And don’t forget to ask about any warranties or maintenance plans. If you are a home owner in the Treasure Valley, we are here to help!
Experienced, Licensed, Knowledgeable Contractors that Provide Value & Service
As a homeowner in Boise, Idaho, you can rely on Signature Roofing to provide you with quality roofing services. We have years of experience in the roofing industry (25+ years), and our priority is you, the customer. We work quickly to identify any possible problems your roof might have, as well as give you a reasonable estimate. Whether you need a small repair, a complete replacement, or you want to know the current condition of your roof, we’ve got you covered.
Call us or contact us today!